Oregon Kidnapping suspect Benjamin Foster, dies from a self-inflicted gunshot

Benjamin Foster
Image source: Fox news/ FILE - This undated photo provided by the Grants Pass Police Department shows Benjamin Obadiah Foster. (Grants Pass Police Department via AP)

Benjamin Foster, a kidnapping suspect from Oregon dies from a self-inflicted gunshot.

Image source: Fox News/Just a few days after the crime scene on January 24, the Grants Pass Police Department reported seeing suspect Benjamin Foster close to the residence.(Grants Pass Police Department)

Benjamin Foster, a suspect in an Oregon kidnapping, was killed by police after a long standoff. Foster, 36, a jail inmate in Nevada accused of abusing a lady, was freed on the same day.

A protracted manhunt in Oregon came to an end Tuesday night when police apprehended a suspect they had previously described as “very dangerous,” according to officials. Later, he passed away at a hospital. Following an hour-long confrontation with police, Benjamin Foster, 36, a convicted felon who was wanted in connection with the recent kidnapping, torture, and attempted murder of a woman, has passed away.

Foster first turned himself in to police authorities from the Grants Pass Police Department and other departments for several hours after being discovered Tuesday afternoon in a crawl space beneath a house. A Crisis Negotiation Team and SWAT were present.

Image source: Fox News/Law enforcement officers aim their weapons at home during a standoff in Grants Pass, Ore., on Tuesday, January 31, 2023. (Scott Stoddard/Grants Pass Daily Courier via AP)

He suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound and was taken into custody Tuesday night, according to KTVL-TV. Foster was taken to the hospital after being taken into custody in a severe state. According to KTVL-TV, he passed away shortly after. Fox News has contacted the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and the Grants Pass Police Department for more information. Officials reported that no cops were hurt during the arrest.

Foster held his ex-girlfriend hostage in her Las Vegas residence for two weeks in 2019 before travelling to Oregon. Her injuries included fractured ribs, two black eyes, and wounds from being shackled at the wrists and ankles, according to a Las Vegas police report obtained by The Associated Press.

Police issued a photo of Foster before the arrest, but they noted that he might have changed his appearance since the photo was taken. Foster had grown a longer beard and shaved his brown hair to shoulder length, according to Grants Pass Police Lt. Jeff Hattersley.

Image source: Fox News/ The Grants Pass Police Department released photos of Benjamin Foster before his arrest in Grants Pass, Oregon, on Tuesday, January 31, 2023. (Grants Pass Police Department)

“The Grants Pass Police Department requests that people focus especially on Foster’s facial features and eyes because these are very hard to change. To help with his identity, more pictures of Foster will be provided as they become available “According to a police bulletin from January 29, Grants Pass.

Foster was still missing as of Tuesday afternoon, according to a warning from Grants Pass police to the local population. On January 26, police raided a family’s home in Wolf Creek, Oregon, and Foster narrowly escaped being jailed.

Using dating apps, Foster was allegedly enticing people into helping him elude the police and possibly find more victims. To provide more information, officials said they would host a press conference in the afternoon on Wednesday.

Oregon’s Grants Pass — A police official reported that the suspect in a brutal kidnapping in Oregon died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound Tuesday night after being apprehended after a standoff with authorities.

According to Lt. Jeff Hattersley of the Grants Pass Police Department, Benjamin Obadiah Foster, 36, passed away in a hospital several hours after being arrested in Grants Pass, Oregon.

Image source: Fox News/ FILE – This undated photo by the Grants Pass Police Department shows Benjamin Obadiah Foster. (Grants Pass Police Department via AP)

Beginning on Tuesday afternoon, officers from four agencies congregated in the area, set up a command post, and gathered a SWAT team to secure Foster’s surrender. Foster then barricaded himself under a house.

Hattersley declared the crisis to be settled just before eight o’clock, although he did not immediately confirm whether Foster had been taken into custody. Foster was eventually taken into prison, according to the police, but an hour or so later it was reported that he had died from his wounds.

According to Hattersley, officials have “reliable information” that Foster entered the home where a lady was discovered on January 24 unconscious, shackled, and in critical condition. She was admitted to the hospital in a critical state.

Read Also: Former Detroit Lions LB Jessie Lemonier passes away at age 25